Lunchtime Playground Assistant Vacancy - Required October 2020
Salary: NJC 2 FTE 17,711 (Actual £3607.12)
Start date: Early October 2020
Contract : Part time, Permanent (Term Time Only: 39 weeks)
Hours: 8.75 hours a week, Mon - Fri, 11.45 - 13.30
We are looking for a professional, polite and confident team player who has experience of working with children, ideally in a community setting.
The job involves;
- Supervising pupils after lunch, either inside or outside the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised
- Attending to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment
You will be part of a team working collaboratively to develop outstanding practice. If you feel you are ready for this challenge we would be delighted to welcome you to our dynamic team. We can offer you a very friendly and supportive working environment in our community focused school.
We will appoint someone who:
- Has a positive, "can do" disposition
- Has excellent all round communication skills
- Works flexibly and recognises the specific demands of a school environment
- Works as part of a team and independently
- Takes initiative, identify and solve problems
- Deals sensitively and effectively with people
- Has understanding, experience and enjoyment of working with children
Hope Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought and the successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you think this is you then to apply please download our application form
Please return the completed application form by email to our Principal Steve Wright at, Steve.Wright@hopecommunityschool.org
The application period will remain open until Friday 2nd October 2020
Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 5th October 2020