At Hope School we believe that:
Science is best taught through practical, purposeful sessions and investigation.
- Pupils should be encouraged to think both scientifically and creatively.
- We want all pupils to develop enquiring minds by asking and answering questions.
- Curiosity, wonder, humour and even disgust are emotions that build engagement in science
- Science should take advantage of the many opportunities the outdoor environment offers to learn science in context
- The teaching of science should be rigorous and ensure that pupils of all abilities make progress and will have a focus on pupils developing technical vocabularyPlease refer to the overview below for what pupils will be learning in Science at Hope School.