At Hope School we believe that:
- Computing is best taught by “equipping pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world.”
- Children should be provided with as many opportunities to practise using computers so that they become digitally literate.
- Pupils should be taught to use computers safely with a keen awareness of the dangers of the internet.
- Children need to “apply the principles and concepts of computer science.”
- Pupils will be encouraged to problem solve and develop resilience.
- The teaching of computing should be rigorous and ensure that pupils of all abilities make good progress.
- The computing curriculum will have a focus on pupils developing technical vocabulary.
Please refer to the over view below for details of our computing curriculum.