The key driver for the curriculum is to ensure that pupils make rapid gains in their learning from their starting points; with a clear focus on mastery of skills and knowledge across the curriculum.
The targets we aspire to achieve:
- To be graded a minimum of Good in our first Ofsted inspection
- For 100% of teaching to be good or better and 30% to be Outstanding (achieved in HCS Sidcup 2015)
- End of EYFS: 70% of all pupils to reach a good level of development (met this target (70%) at HCS Sidcup in 2015 from low baseline)
- Phonics Screen Check in Yr. 1: to be at least in line with national and local standards of % of all pupils to achieve the expected standard (for 2014/15 our target was 80% in line which we exceeded at 83% at HCS Sidcup 2015)
- End of Yr. 2: 90% of all pupils to have met expected and 20% to exceed end of year outcomes in Reading, Writing, Mathematics and Science
- End of Yr. 6: 90% of all pupils to have met expected and 30% to exceed end of year outcomes and in Reading, Writing, Spelling grammar and punctuation, Mathematics and Science
- Our expectation is that every pupil at Hope has attendance of 97% and above. When a pupil's attendance reaches 98% it is outstanding.
We also strive to ensure that the outcome of the curriculum results in our children:
- becoming Independent motivated learners
- being Community Entrepreneurs
- having increased success at our school and in Secondary Education
and our school to:
- create a positive reputation of pupils in the area
- develop strong community cohesion in Southampton