YEAR 2 CLASSROOM TEACHER - STARTING SEPTEMBER 2019
Advertised: 11th February 2019
Closing date: 12pm Friday 8th March 2019
Start date: 2nd September 2019
Contract / Hours: Permanent, Full-time
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our happy and committed team. The post is to start in September 2019.
This is a rare opportunity for a person who has a track record of teaching to make a real difference to families living in the city centre of Southampton. We aim to:
Inspire children to be people who not only value their community but have the desire, ability and tools to transform and enrich it through innovative and aspirational visions. Encouraging them to dream limitlessly, explore confidently, discover expectantly and take ownership of their futures.
The person appointed will:
- Have outstanding classroom practice, with an experience of working across the primary age range.
- Have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement across the curriculum
- Have a passion for engaging children’s learning within a rich and stimulating setting.
- Support all aspects of the school’s work, including its strong Christian ethos
- Be and active member of the staff team and share in the development of our school.
- Join our team in leading and supporting community events including family events and extended school activities.
In return we offer:
- Exciting opportunities as pupil numbers increase as part of our growth as a Free School
- A friendly and welcoming school community which thrives within the Christian ethos.
- Children who are open, creative and independent learners.
- Great communication and support from the whole staff team.
- A whole school commitment to personalised CPD
- A growing school with new resources.
- A community that has a real sense of pride in all achievements.
Hope Community School is on a journey and is an exciting place to work and learn. This is an opportunity to get involved in real, measurable school improvements. If you are ready to make a difference….come and have a look!
As a growing school, we would welcome applicants with experience in any or all primary key stages.
For further, more comprehensive information about the role please refer to the job description.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
If you have a disability and require any reasonable adjustments that will enable you to apply for this position, then please let us know.
The position will be based in Southampton and will require occasional travel to Sidcup.
Please send completed application forms to the Principal, Steve Wright - email: email@example.com
Equal opportunities forms should be sent to Naomi.PG@hopecommunityschool.org
Interviews will be held: Week Commencing 18th March 2019
If you would like to come and visit the school, please call our school office on 02380 385 122 to arrange an appointment.
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to the interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be appointed subject to receipt of appropriate references, medical and DBS check