An exciting opportunity to work in a new primary school in Southampton
Recruiting now for September 2018
2 x MIDDAY SUPERVISORS / PLAYWORKERS for Hope Community School, Southampton.
Salary – Scale NJC 9 - £16,755 FTE (Actual £4387 per annum for 39 weeks per year )
Hours: 11.25 hrs per week, Monday – Friday, 11.15am – 1.30pm, 39 weeks per year (Term time only)
Our school is expanding and we are seeking to appoint 2 Midday Supervisors/Playworkers to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Midday Supervisor the post holder will be responsible for ensuring the lunchtime dining and play experiences for Hope children are healthy, safe and fun. The post offered will be permanent subject to a satisfactory probationary period of six months.
New Generation Schools Trust work with the local community in the centre of Southampton and opened Hope Community School in September 2017 to meet the increasing demand for places in the local area. Through a Christian ethos and strategically planned personalised curriculum delivered in partnership with other outstanding education partners, the school provides an excellent education experience for children and families. With our child-centred, family-focused and community-oriented approach to education we enable our pupils to achieve fantastic things.
We are looking for professional, polite and confident team player who has experience of working with children, ideally in a community setting.
The job involves;
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Supervising pupils after lunch, either inside or outside the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised
- Attending to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment
You will be part of a team working collaboratively to develop outstanding practice. If you feel you are ready for this challenge we would be delighted to welcome you to our dynamic team. We can offer you a very friendly and supportive working environment in our community focused school.
We will appoint someone who:
- Has a positive, "can do" disposition
- Has excellent all round communication skills
- Works flexibly and recognises the specific demands of a school environment
- Works as part of a team and independently
- Takes initiative, identify and solve problems
- Deals sensitively and effectively with people
- Has understanding, experience and enjoyment of working with children
Hope Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought and the successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you think this is you then to apply please go to our website and download our application form and job description.
Please return the completed application form by email to our Principal Steve Wright at, Steve.Wright@hopecommunityschool.org
The application period will remain open until 6th June 2018
Interviews will be held the week commencing 11th June 2018