Closing date: 19/02/24 @ 5pm
Job Start Date: March / April 2024
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Part-time
Salary Type: Other
Salary Details: NGST Equivalent of NJC 3 - £7293.56 actual (FTE £20,890)
Hours of Work: 16 hours a week, Term-Time only (39 weeks) Thursday & Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (finish time can be discussed to change to 4pm)
Location of Role: Southampton
Would you like to join our friendly, positive and forward-looking trust.
This is a rare opportunity for a person who has a track record of administration to make a real difference to families living in the city centre of Southampton. We aim to:
Inspire children to be people who not only value their community but have the desire, ability and tools to transform and enrich it through innovative and aspirational visions. Encouraging them to dream limitlessly, explore confidently, discover expectantly and take ownership of their futures.
We are seeking a highly efficient and enthusiastic School Administrator, with a positive attitude and good sense of humour to join our busy admin team in March / April 2023.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be committed to providing outstanding customer service to parents, staff, governors, visitors and other members of the school community.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Daily administration including recording and reporting attendance, collection of payments
- Responsibility for SIMS Managing and Reporting
- Responsibility for the Pupil Admissions Process to the school
- Responsibility for parent correspondence
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Have attention to detail
- Have a high level of commitment
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work calmly under stress
- Enjoy working in a school environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Possession of good ICT skills and the enthusiasm to learn
- Have knowledge of SIMS and school census returns
- Have experience of working in a school
- Have a good understanding of First Aid requirements : training will be provided
On joining our school, you will be a part of a team dedicated to ensuring the best outcomes for all children. We offer a commitment to professional development, as well as support and training opportunities. At Hope Community School, we have a friendly, supportive team of staff and children who are eager to learn in an environment where there is a strong emphasis on respect.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 26th Feb 2024
Requests to visit the school are warmly received and recommended. To arrange a visit, find out any additional information about the role, please email Naomi.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 02380 385122
Application packs are available below.
Please return the completed application form and send it by email to our Business & Finance Manager, Naomi Pakes-Geddes, at, Naomi.email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. If you have a disability and require any reasonable adjustments that will enable you to apply for this position, then please let us know.