- New Generation Schools Trust/
- News and Vacancies/
- Learning Support Assistant Vacancy/
Closing date: Monday 22nd January 2024 - 5pm.
Job Start Date : February 2024
Contract/Hours: Fixed-term contract, Full-time
Salary Type : Other
Salary Details: NGST Equivalent to NJC2 - NJC3, Depending on Experience (FTE £20,458 - £20,890, Actual £15,475 - £15,802)
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours a week, Term Time Only, (39 weeks) Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
Location of Role: Hope Community School
We are recruiting an experienced, passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to support the needs of pupils in our school in receipt of additional support for Special Education Needs. You will join our experienced and committed team, supporting and contributing to our high expectations of learning and behaviour.
Primarily, this role will be class-based, working 1:1 with an individual child, but may involve small focused group work and individual 1:1 intervention programmes in and outside the classroom to enhance the learning of pupils. You will work under the direct guidance of the class teacher.
The post is fixed-term for as long as the child remains on the school roll or while the EHCP / additional funding is maintained. Further employment may be possible after this, depending on the needs of the school at the time.
If you are looking for an adventure and opportunity, then we would like to hear from you.
Following our recent Ofsted inspection, we are proud to be a 'good' school. As a school with a Christian Designation we aim to:
Inspire children to be people who not only value their community but have the skills, knowledge and character to transform and enrich it. We want to develop the menders, makers, movers and shakers of tomorrow.
We will appoint someone who:
- Has excellent all round communication skills
- Has experience of working in a classroom in a school or educational setting
- Can read and write fluently, has very good spelling and is confident in maths (at least GCSE or equivalent).
- Can demonstrate self-confidence, common sense and maturity
- Is flexible and practical
- Understands how children learn
- Has a positive, "can do" disposition
- Works as part of a team and independently
- Takes initiative, identify and solve problems
- Use ICT confidently
- Bring an additional skill to our schools (e.g. gardener, cook, artist, an ICT whiz, dancer, photographer, musician…)
If you would like more information and to arrange a visit to the school, please call our school office on 02380 385122.
An application & equal opportunities form is available for download from our website, www.newgenschools.org and click on the tab for Southampton.
Please send the completed application & equal opportunities forms to the Business & Finance Manager, Naomi Pakes-Geddes - email: Naomi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 24th Jan 2024
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. If you have a disability and require any reasonable adjustments that will enable you to apply for this position, then please let us know.