Hope Community School Southampton - Admissions Consultation
What is this consultation about?
We want to know what you think about the following:
- Variation to the admission arrangements for Hope Community School, Southampton in Hampshire for the academic year starting in September 2022 and finishing in July 2023.
The arrangements will be changed to be compliant with the DfE’s School Admissions Code September 2021.
This change expands the definition of previously looked after children to include those children who were in state care outside of England but who were then adopted.
State care outside of England is further defined as being in the care of or were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation, or any other provider of care whose sole or main purpose is to benefit society.
The proposed variation to the 2022/23 admission arrangements is attached with this document.
When is the consultation?
The consultation is open from Tuesday 2nd November 2021 until Monday 13th December 2021.
If you wish to submit your views, you must submit your response during this period.
Who is involved in the consultation?
The ‘admissions authority’ of each school must consult the following groups:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen;
- other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposed admissions;
- all other admission authorities within the relevant area (except that primary schools need not consult secondary schools);
- the local authority (Southampton City Council) any adjoining neighbouring local authorities where the admission authority is the local authority (Hampshire County Council); and
- The Pioneer Network (Hope Community School is a school designated with a Christian religious character).
What are the changes?
Variations to the admission arrangements for Hope Community School, Southampton for the academic year starting in September 2022 and finishing in July 2023. This is to bring it into line with the updated School Admissions Code September 2021. The variations are highlighted in yellow in the document attached below.
How do I give my feedback?
Any observations are welcomed and comments can be made through the online feedback form here -
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The form will be available from Tuesday 2nd November 2021 until Monday 13th December 2021.
The deadline for comments is Monday 13th December 2021 at 17.30.