HCS Northfleet Application form
Thank you for your interest in applying for a place at Hope Community School, Northfleet for a place in our 2018 Reception class.
To apply for a place please read the following guidance and complete the form below.
• You should complete one application form only
• The information provided will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• The offer of any place at Hope Community School is conditional until we have a signed Funding Agreement
• Please provide proof of your address with this application, e.g. a copy of your Council Tax bill or recent utility bill to Hope Community School, for the attention of Kim Carter, Eastgate, 141 Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8AD
• You will be asked to provide proof of your child’s Date of Birth once a place has been offered, such as your child’s Birth Certificate (short version only)
• If you are applying for a faith based place please also complete a Supplementary Information Form and submit with this form
• Application forms should be submitted before the 17th March 2017
• We will accept late applications and if we are oversubscribed we will place applications on a waiting list
1. Child's details
2. Parent/carer details
3. School Preferences
4. Looked after children/Previously looked after children
A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989). A previously looked-after child is a child who was looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted. This includes children adopted under the Adoption Act 1976 (see section 12 adoption orders) and children who were adopted under the Adoption and Children’s Act 2002 (see section 46 adoption orders). This also applies equally to children who immediately after being looked after by the Local Authority became subject to a child arrangements orspecial guardianship order. As defined by Section 8 of the Children Act 1989, as amended by section 12 of the Children and Families Act 2014 or section 14A of the Children Act 1989.
5. Medical or social need
6. Sibling (s)
When we use the term siblings we mean: children with a sibling (meaning a full, half, adopted or fostered brother or sister, or other child living permanently within the same household) on roll at Hope Community School at the closing date for application.
7. Declaration and signature
• I have, in completing this application form, taken into consideration the guidance notes, including the reference relating to the Data Protection Act 1998.
• I understand that checks may be made to verify that the details I have stated on this form are correct. I also understand that if Hope Community School cannot verify the details I have stated, I may be asked to provide further documentary evidence.
• I understand I must advise Hope Community School, as soon as I am aware, of any change in my family circumstances that may affect the processing/outcome of this application.
• I/We wish to make application to Hope Community School. I/We certify that I/we am/are the person(s) with parental responsibility for the child named in Section 1 and that the information given is true to the best of my/our knowledge and belief. I/We understand that any false or deliberately misleading information given on this form and/or supporting papers, or any relevant information withheld, may render this application invalid and could lead to the withdrawal of an offer of primary place for my/our child.
• I have completed the school’s Supplementary Information Form (if applicable) and returned it to the school.
To verify this application you must sign a paper copy of this form, available at the project office before the 16th March 2018.